Last modified: May 05th, 2023
Please read the terms of this policy carefully before using the site.
- What’s in These Terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, link to our site or interact with our site in any other way.
- There Are Other Terms That May Apply to You
This acceptable use policy refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our site:
- Our Personal Information Management Policy
- INFORMATION MANAGEMENT POLICY. See further under “How we may use your personal information”.
If we carry out works or supply services as a contractor or provider of services to you as a client, General Terms and Conditions for Services and Works will apply and additional terms and conditions specific to you may also apply.
- We May Make Changes to the Terms of This Policy
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise and update these terms from time to time. All such modifications are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the site. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- Prohibited Uses
You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any element that contains malware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- in any way that involves child sexual exploitation or abuse; or
- to upload terrorist content.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Hippoc will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts);
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- Comply with the law applicable in the Canadian province of Québec and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Include child sexual abuse material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal content or activity;
- Be in contempt of court;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Hippoc, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, made available are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
For the avoidance of doubt, for any Contribution in the form of video content:
- You must tell us immediately if you upload a video containing any of the following: criminal material (relating to terrorism, sexual exploitation of children, child pornography, racism and xenophobia), unclassified or unclassifiable videos, videos rated R18 or suitable for R18 rating and other materials that might impair the physical, mental or moral development of persons under the age of 18 (restricted material);
- You must not upload a video containing harmful material;
- You must not upload a video containing advertising for any of the following: and
- cigarettes and other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or electronic cigarette refill containers, and prescription-only medicine; or
- alcoholic drinks that are aimed specifically at under the age of 18 or that encourage immoderate consumption of alcohol.
- Any advertising included in a video you upload must not:
- prejudice respect for human dignity;
- include or promote discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- encourage behaviour prejudicial to health or safety;
- encourage behaviour grossly prejudicial to the protection of the environment;
- wrongfully cause harm to any person;
- directly exhort minors to purchase or rent goods or services in a manner which exploits their inexperience or credulity;
- directly encourage minors to persuade their parents or others to purchase or rent goods or services;
- exploit the trust of minors in parents, teachers or others; or
- unreasonably show such persons in dangerous situations.
- Breach of This Policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.