- When should I use Hippoc?
- What makes Hippoc heatmap different from others?
- At what stage of my creative process is Hippoc useful?
- Why do I have to select my ad campaign goal when running an analysis?
- Why am I not required to identify my Audience?
- What’s the Impact Score?
- How do I interpret the Impact Score?
- What kind of file formats does Hippoc analyze?
- Can Hippoc analyze mobile ad designs?
- Can Hippoc analyze a website page?
- Can Hippoc analyze more than one image at a time?
- Does Hippoc provide design recommendations?
- Does Hippoc have a Chrome Extension?
- Does Hippoc have a Canva App?
- Does Hippoc have an extension for Figma & Adobe XD?
Hippoc’s Science & Tech
- What is Hippoc Dataset made of?
- How is Hippoc’s algorithm trained?
- How is Hippoc compliant with Privacy laws?
- I have more questions! How can I reach you?
When should I use Hippoc?
I am a pre-launch analytics platform that helps marketers & designers improve ad performance. My AI-powered algorithm predicts cognitive impact with over 95% accuracy. We rank that impact using my proprietary Impact Score. This Impact Score is based on Eye-Tracking data AND Standard Memory test data. So it’s not only about what people will see but also what they will remember.
You can use me to:
- Improve ad impact
- Optimize ad performance
- A/B testing Ad material
- Validate ad design
- Prove design decisions to clients
- Benchmark against competition
What makes Hippoc heatmap different from others?
Hippoc doesn’t use your your classic heatmap but an IMPACT MAP!
My impact map shows you how effectively your ad design elements stand out in the human brain. The more they stand out, the more likely your ads will influence human behavior. The Hippoc impact score is a metric that measures the effectiveness of advertisements or other marketing efforts by considering how well the ad captures attention and how well it is remembered. It is used to optimize ad campaigns and improve their performance.
At what stage of my creative process is Hippoc useful?
We help improve your ads at every step before you spend on paid media. By doing so, you will launch your ad campaigns with the highest impact possible. From the first draft of your ads, Hippoc sees how they score. Try different variations and optimize your ads before launch.
During campaign planning, you should see which design elements worked best. You can choose between design concepts, product pictures, or what models to use. During asset production, you can test every creative iteration and make data-driven decisions.
Why do I have to select my ad campaign goal when running an analysis?
We ask you for your goal so that we can adapt our analysis and recommendations to it. Based on your objectives, we identify the important areas you need in order for your ads to work best.
By defining your goal, we can offer you a customized analysis and recommendations. That will help you maximize the effectiveness of your advertising.
Why am I not required to identify my Audience?
The way North Americans & Europeans view and remember an ad is highly consistent across all socio-demographic groups at 70% and 80%, respectively. In other words, audiences wouldn’t affect my outcomes since it is a fundamental biological evolution that affects all northern Americans and Europeans the same. Some information is catching more attention than other and some information is easier to remember than other.
- Garcia-Diaz, A., Leboran, V., Fdez-Vidal, X. R., & Pardo, X. M. (2012). On the relationship between optical variability, visual saliency, and eye fixations: A computational approach. Journal of vision, 12(6), 17-17.
- Isola, P., Xiao, J., Torralba, A., & Oliva, A. (2011, June). What makes an image memorable?. In CVPR 2011 (pp. 145-152). IEEE.
- Isola, Phillip, et al. “Understanding the intrinsic memorability of images.” Advances in neural information processing systems 24 (2011).
- Bylinskii, Z., Isola, P., Bainbridge, C., Torralba, A., & Oliva, A. (2015). Intrinsic and extrinsic effects on image memorability. Vision research, 116, 165-178.
What’s the Impact Score?
My Impact Score is a metric that helps you figure out how effective your ad designs are. It takes into account how much attention it grabs from your audience and how much they remember what they see.
This way, you can make sure you’re not wasting your time & money with ads that aren’t likely to reach your goals.
How do I interpret the Impact Score?
The Hippoc impact score is a metric that measures the effectiveness of advertisements or other marketing efforts by taking into account two key factors: attention and memory. Attention is considered to be a limited resource, and the goal is to capture as much of it as possible with the ad. Memory, on the other hand, is seen as the “profit,” as a strong, lasting memory of the ad is likely to lead to better results (such as increased brand awareness, sales, or customer loyalty). By considering both attention and memory, the Hippoc impact score may be able to provide a more comprehensive view of the effectiveness of an ad or marketing campaign.
The Impact score is divided into five categories from 0 to 100%.
- From 0 and 20%, you get a lot of attention but almost no recall.
- From 21 and 40%, it means you get both low attention & recall
- From 41 and 60%, it means you get some attention & recall.
- From 61 and 80%, it means you get both high attention & Recall.
- From 81 and 100%, it means you get low attention but a lot of recall.
What kind of file format does Hippoc analyze?
For now, I only analyze images in png and jpeg formats.
Can Hippoc analyze mobile ad designs?
Yes, I can analyze landscape, portrait, square ads, and any banner size. That includes any frames/screenshots you upload from your video ads.
Can Hippoc analyze a website page?
You can use me to analyze different parts of your website based on screenshots. But at my core, I am advertisement focused.
Can Hippoc analyze more than one image at a time?
YES! I can analyze up to 10 images at a time. Once you get the results of your analysis, you will be able to compare them or get details of each ad uploaded.
Does Hippoc provide design recommendations?
Yes I do!
Does Hippoc have a Chrome Extension?
Does Hippoc have a Canva Extension?
Does Hippoc have Figma Extension & Adobe XD?
How do I keep track of my remaining credits?
Your remaining credits are displayed at the bottom left of the platform.
How do credits work?
For every plan, credits are reset every month. So, any unused credits won’t roll over to the following month.
- One credit = 1 image (ad)
- E.g: if you do 1 analysis with 1 image it will take 1 credit
- If you do 1 analysis with 10 images it will take 10 credits (might as well Upgrade to a Pro account then).
Can I delete my account?
Yes! Please send an email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hippoc’s Science & Tech
What is Hippoc Dataset made of?
My dataset has been collected according to the standards used in cognitive neuroscience on the Occident population (USA, Canada, Europe).
31,171 people from the Occident population (USA, Canada, Europe) between the ages of 10 and 60 years old (46% women and 54% of men) were exposed to thousands of images, and measurements of attention and memory were taken using eye tracking or a standard Memory test.
Results showed that for all visual content, the cognitive reactions of a consumer in front of a certain visual are correlated with the cognitive reactions of the other consumers on average at 70% for visual memory and 80% for visual attention (using average rank correlations).
Even though consumers differ in terms of sociodemographics, there can be seen to be high consistency across humans for both memory and attention. (See Why am I not required to identify my Audience?)
This is explained by the fact that the human brain is much more influenced by our natural evolution than by individual experiences on the scale of a lifetime. Simply put, some information naturally attracts more attention and is easier to remember than others, regardless of who your consumers are.
How is Hippoc’s algorithm trained?
My algorithm has been trained using state-of-the-art deep learning and cognitive neuroscience methods.
It can automatically predict not only what attracts consumers’ overt attention but also what will be more memorable for them since these 2 variables can differ.
The clarity of visual communication doesn’t just depend on overt attention and cannot be measured just by looking at the eye’s behaviors.
What really matters is what the consumer remembers. My Neuro-AI software predicts attention and memory.
My models are already trained and validated and it provides reliable predictions without collecting additional data on your audience. You can perform user testing even if no one else than you has seen your visual content.
My predictions are relevant for all your communication channels (digital or traditional; website, ads, social media, printed, billboard, etc.).
How is Hippoc compliant with Privacy laws?
All the data used had been anonymized and randomized in order to guarantee the protection of the respondents’ private data and the respect of laws such as GDPR.
I have more questions! How can I reach you?
Contact us at email@example.com or book a demo/walkthrough.
We will be glad to answer all of your questions.