Last modified: May 05th, 2023
- What These Terms and Conditions Contain
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site, you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use content on our site
- No web scraping or mining of text or data
- Do not rely on information on our site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- How to complain about or report content
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Exclusion of liability for digital content
- How we may use your personal information
- Uploading content to our site
- Rights you are giving us to use content you upload
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- How This Contract Can Be Assigned
- Governing law and dispute resolution
- We have trademark rights
- Who We Are and How to Contact Us
Hippoc.ai is a site operated by Hippoc Inc. (“We”). We are registered Canada under company number 1151054-1 and have our registered office at 2485, chemin du Sault, Lévis (Québec) G6W 2J1, Canada. Our main trading address is 2485, chemin du Sault, Lévis (Québec) G6W 2J1, Canada. Our GST and QST numbers are as follows: 782187470RT0001 and 1226754373TQ0001
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Using Our Site, You Accept These Terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you save a copy of these terms for future reference.
- There Are Other Terms That May Apply to You
- Our Personal Information Management Policy. See further under “How we may use your personal information”.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy , which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If we carry out works or supply services as a contractor or provider of services to you as a client, General Terms and Conditions for Services and Works will apply and additional terms and conditions specific to you may also apply.
- We May Make Changes to These Terms
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise and update these terms from time to time. All such modifications are effective immediately upon posting and apply to all access to and continued use of the site. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- We May Make Changes to Our Site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities. The information and material on this site may be changed, withdrawn, or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice.
- We May Suspend or Withdraw Our Site
We do not guarantee that our site will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal of the site. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the site is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You Must Keep Your Account Details Safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us directly in writing.
- How You May Use Material on Our Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the content published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Subject to different provisions for specific content such as Reports pursuant to the General Terms and Conditions for Services and Works, you may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors or copyright owners of content on our site must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated).
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining an authorizationto do so from us or from our licensors as the case may be.
- No Web Scraping or Mining of Text or Data
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorize or permit any web scraping or text or data mining in relation to our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorizing or attempting the use of):
- any crawler or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same; or
- any automated analytical technique aimed at analyzing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard.
This clause does not apply in the event that we are unable to contractually exclude or limit web scraping or text or data mining activity by contract under a law to which we may be subject.
- Do Not Rely on Information on This Site
The publicly available content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of publicly available content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We Are Not Responsible for Websites We Link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- User-Generated Content Is Not Approved by Us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to social media pages, video-sharing sites, bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- How to Complain About or Report Content
If you wish to complain about any other content, please contact us via email@example.com
- Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage Suffered by You
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for bodily or moral injury caused to another or for material injury caused to another through an intentional or gross fault.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our General Terms and Conditions for Services and Works.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by a failure in a duty, whether arising from a contractual, extra-contractual, statutory or regulatory source or any other source, even if foreseeable, in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Personal Information Management Policy.
- Uploading Content to Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
You must not upload any material that could incite a terrorist offence, solicit any person to participate in terrorist activities, provide instruction on any method or technique for committing a terrorist offence or threaten to commit a terrorist offence.
- Rights You Are Giving Us to Use Material You Upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, royalty-free and fully paid-up licence limited to Hippoc’s internal business purposes to do anything that by laws on Intellectual Property Right(s) the owner of the Intellectual Property Right(s) has the sole right to do, other than the right (a) to authorize anything, (b) to transfer or assign such Intellectual Property Right(s) or (c) in the case of a trademark, to use that trademark for the purpose of distinguishing or so as to distinguish its goods or services from those of others.
- We Are Not Responsible for Viruses and You Must Not Introduce Them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from errors or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing malicious or technologically harmful software. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is hosted or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Rules About Linking to Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How This Contract Can Be Assigned
We can assign our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms. In such event, we will inform you in writing in a timely manner.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This Agreement will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law.
Mediation: Any disagreement or dispute relating to this Agreement or arising from its interpretation or application will be submitted to mediation in accordance with articles 605 to 619 of the Code of Civil Procedure (CQLR c C-25.01) in effect in the Canadian province of Québec at the time of such disagreement or dispute (the “CCP”). To this effect, the parties hereto agree to participate in at least one mediation meeting by delegating a person with decision-making authority; the mediator will be chosen by the parties.
Arbitration: If no agreement is reached within 60 days of the appointment of the mediator, the dispute will be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with articles 620 to 655 of the CCP and to the exclusion of the courts. The parties may at any time agree to a longer period before submitting the dispute to arbitration. Unless the parties agree otherwise in a subsequent arbitration agreement, the arbitration will be conducted under the aegis of a sole arbitrator. The arbitration award will be final, binding and without appeal and will be conclusive upon the parties.
Separate Agreement: The parties acknowledge and agree that this clause is an arbitration agreement within the meaning of article 2638 of the Civil Code of Québec (CQLR c CCQ-1991) and, as such, is considered to be an agreement separate from the other clauses of the Agreement and where the arbitrator finds the Agreement to be null, the arbitration agreement is not for that reason rendered null.
- We Have Trademark Rights
HIPPOC is trademark of Hippoc Inc. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, nor display them unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under “How you may use material on our site”.